Amazon’s very own personal virtual assistant Alexa has been around for a couple of years and its ability to take commands from within the Amazon Echo speaker seems to be getting better every day. Amazon has brought Alexa to smartphones and it will now be available on HTC U11 smartphone, earlier Alexa was seen in Huawei Mate 9.
The HTC Alexa app can be downloaded from Google Play Store. Presently it is available for the US market but versions for other countries will be released within weeks.
Amazon is endeavoring on expanding its terrain on voice assistant frontier. This is an important step taken by the company as voice assistants of other companies such as Apple Siri, Google Assistant and Samsung’s Bixby Voice have already paved their path to household technologies such as television, speakers, and refrigerators.
Alexa works with Google Assistant also Huawei Mate 9 and HTC U11. You don’t have to compromise for one they can co-exist together and can be used whenever you like.
Once downloaded and installed, Alexa will be at your service. The virtual assistant can be awakened by saying Alexa even if the screen is off. In case there is a security layer on your phone such as fingerprint or PIN you would have to open your phone. For those using Huawei Mate 9 would have to open the Alexa app before they can use Alexa. With Alexa you can:
- Play music through Amazon Music
- Control your Smart Home
- Check traffic and sports score
- Get news briefs from different news channels
- Buy and track orders from Amazon and get notifications also
- General encyclopedic questions on different things based on what, how, when or where can be answered by Alexa.
- Get weather report for your city without specifying the name and also get weather condition of other cities by taking their names.
The post Alexa is Now on HTC U11: What Can the Voice Assistant do? appeared first on MustTech News.
Powered by WPeMatico